Tuesday, October 30, 2012

#43: Halloween


#43: Halloween
Finished: 10/25/12
Techniques: Ruth McDowell technique, freezer paper, machine stitches, curved piecing
Size: 20" x 19"

Description: I've always liked the combination of the Halloween colors of lime green, orange, purple, and black. So I pulled those colors from my stash and created this pumpkin using Ruth McDowell's technique of using freezer paper to piece the design.

The process went pretty well, but the curved pieces gave me a little trouble, probably because I was cutting a few corners in a hurry to get done.  Still, it came out pretty well.

The mini-quilt looks better in person, but one thing that shows up well is the fact that the lime green fabric with purple rectangles almost looks fluorescent!

No comments:

Post a Comment