Thursday, April 19, 2012

#16 Fish in the Attic


#16: Fish in the Attic
Finished: 4/19/12
Techniques: Attic Window, Fussy Cut Fabric, Mitered Corners
Size: 14 1/2" x 14 1/2"

Description: An "attic window" is achieved by adding two fabrics to two adjacent sides of a third fabric and joining them with a mitered corner. Typically the two fabrics are a light and dark in order to create a sense of depth, or a "window" effect. I used some peach and orange mottled fabric as my light and dark for the attic window. I also used red mottled fabric for sashing between the windows.

"Fussy cutting" is when you cut fabric in such a way to show off a particular design. As I've mentioned before, I have a lot of fish fabric so it was the logical choice for fussy cutting, even though fish in windows may seem silly. Hence the title of the mini-quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment