Saturday, February 18, 2012

#7 Box of Chocolates


#7: Box of Chocolates
Finished: 2/14/12
Techniques: Echo Quilting, Piping
Size: 12 x 15"

Description: This valentine of pinks, reds, and chocolate browns consists almost entirely of fabrics that had hearts printed on them. I don't usually use hearts in my creations, but for Valentine's Day it seemed appropriate. Pink piping was added between sections because I felt it needed something extra. I used variegated thread for echo quilting the large heart in the lower right. Of course you may have realized by now that my favorite quilting method is "stitch in the ditch." I thought I'd try something different. I didn't particularly like the effect however. Maybe I should have used invisible thread, but I haven't liked working with that in the past either. I'll keep trying.

Anyway, this valentine goes out to Squeek, my cat of 18 years who I lost this week to cancer.  He was a great kitty, and I'll miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment