Monday, May 7, 2012

#18 Canyon Memories


#18: Canyon Memories
Finished: 5/7/12
Techniques: Strip Piecing, Free-motion quilting, satin stitching
Size: 26 1/2" x 19 1/2"

Description: When I was on vacation the week before last, I took a day trip up to the Grand Canyon. When I lived in Flagstaff years ago, I used to go there often, as it was only about an hour and a half away.  I always enjoy my trips there; it's such an amazing place. So I decided to commemorate the visit in a mini-quilt. This one was a simple one and quick to put together. Given more time, I would have liked to have done more with it. It needs something, but I'm not sure what. I like the canyon parts itself, but the sky didn't turn out as well as I'd like.

I did free-motion quilting on the sky pieces, and satin stitching and straight stitching on the canyon pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment