Sunday, January 8, 2012

Starting Out

Welcome to my first-time-ever blog and a new quilting project for 2012. After hearing about and seeing many mini-quilt projects, I thought I would give it a try. It's a great way to try new quilting or piecing techniques without committing to an entire quilt. That being said, I want to add a little challenge to it by placing some constrictions, or rules if you will, to what I'll be doing:


  • Complete one mini-quilt per week, ending on Sunday (just to give me the weekend if I need it), including piecing, quilting, binding, labeling, and any attachments for hanging.
  • Mini-quilt to be no larger than 18" x 24".
  • Use only materials I already have on hand in my stash of fabric or hoard of craft supplies. Buy nothing new to finish the mini-quilt.
  • Post a picture and details about the mini-quilt in this blog during the following week.
That's about it. Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment